Chitkara University offers a 3-year full time Master of Engineering in Microelectronic Systems.
Synopsys Electronics Education and Research (SEER) Akademi was founded as an academic organization in India to focus exclusively on helping Indian colleges and universities achieve world class programs in VLSI and Embedded systems. Further Seer Akademi helps colleges evolve from teaching institutions to research based cutting edge technology drivers.
About the Program
This unique program of Chitkara University in collaboration with Synopsys University Program and Seer Akademi will result in the M.E. (Master of Engineering) in Microelectronic Systems. Rapid changes in integrated circuits (IC) technology and constantly shrinking process geometries has resulted in huge gap in the demand and supply of skilled professionals in the area of Microelectronic systems. This new program and curriculum are tailored to meet long felt need for requirements of contemporary IC design and electronic systems industry.
Synopsys and Chitkara being in the fore front of their respective fields have joined hands for conduct of the ME Program in Microelectronic Systems, where in it will produce world class, 'industry ready' professionals in the field of Microelectronics.
- The facilitators will be drawn from top universities of the world and industry specialists, who will frequently moderate classes on-line.
- Proven curriculum .
- Availability of Synopsys tools for practical sessions.
- Benefits of enrolment in the program include access to technical support, Synopsys searchable knowledge base that provides solutions to frequently encountered problems & self-paced training on the latest product updates and proven methodologies.
- Automatic entry into PhD program.
- Eligibility for appearing for Synopsys certification.
- Fellowships available for deserving candidates.
Duration and Delivery
The full time M.E. program is of 3 years duration. All the courses have full methodical materials-syllabus, lectures, labs, homework, exams, etc. However, unlike typical undergraduate programs, emphasis is placed on individual student practical work and the Master thesis. The curriculum includes basic and advanced courses as well as a number of elective courses for VLSI, Embedded systems design and Electronic Systems Design. Scientific seminars are included in the last 2 semesters of the Master program, which allows discussion of the problems with accomplished faculty in the domain of their Master thesis. All the basic and advanced courses include course projects and works which are carried out by the use of Synopsys tools. The program has special projects for the following courses:
- IC Design Introduction
- Digital Integrated Circuits
- Analog Integrated Circuits
- Logic Design and Mixed-Signal IC Design
- Hardware Systems Design
- Embedded Software & Electronic Product Design.
B.Tech/B.E in the following streams with minimum
55% marks or equivalent are eligible:
Candidates who have passed M.Sc. (Electronics) with 55% marks are also eligible.
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Control Systems Engineering
Using Synopsys products in a learning environment provides students with hands-on experience and enables graduates to quickly bring valuable skills to the fast paced world of Microelectronic Systems Design. The graduates of this program will be able to work in Industries that might include specialization in:
- Semiconductor Technology
- Device fabrication
- VLSI Design
- Hardware Systems design
- Systems on Chip Design
- Electronic Product Development
- CAD Software Development
- Embedded Systems Technology
The program covers, but not limited to following subjects: Design of Special I/Os, PCB Design, RF IC Design, Mixed IC Signal Design, Design for Test, VLSI Design, Digital Signal Processing, Cross Talk and Noise, Embedded Software and Product Design, spanned over two years.
For Admission queries mail to: email@example.com