3000+ students from over 40 institutes nationwide exhibited their talents at Algorythm 2017
Known for making great strides in the education arena and providing a meaningful platform to students to explore their potential, Chitkara University has made immense progress. To add the much-needed quintessence to its existence, Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh organized one of the most awaited events of the year “ALGORYTHM 2017- “A tale of vivid affairs”, the annual cultural fest of the University on October 7, 2017. Honourable Pro-chancellor, Dr. Madhu Chitkara, inaugurated the event and gave her blessings.
ALGORYTHM 2017 celebrates the spirit of the youth and allows them to display their impeccable talent. Various cultural activities are conducted at the event and students showcase their talents through these on a common platform called ALGORYTHM. It encompasses a gamut of events based on drama, dance, gaming, singing and others aspects of entertainment. Not only Chitkarians, students from several, educational institutes and universities participate in this yearly event. Events like Vogue, stomp the yard, fantastic toe, euphonious fusion, Halla Bol, matinee, LAN Gaming and fun events like paintball, zorbing etc. saw 3000 students from more than 40 universities and colleges assembling as participants in ALGORYTHM 2017. The list of winners is long but they deserve acknowledgement.
- The team from Institute of Home Economics, Delhi, was the fashionista’s for the year 2017 and CGC Landran stood second.
- The most mesmerizing voice at ALGORYTHM 2017 was of Manpreet Singh.
- In the popping and locking event, Post Graduate Government College, Sector 11, team won with Thapar University standing second in the event Stomp the yard.
- First prize in ‘Halla Bol’ event was clinched by the team from Post Graduate Government College, Sector 11, and PEC was second in the category In the Abhivyakti zone. DAV team was a writing delight and was declared first in script writing and grouping the emotions with SGGS, Chandigarh, following closely in the second place.
- Setting the glamour quotient high were Shivam Sisodia and Somya Sharma from PEC and Chandigarh University, respectively, as they bagged the titles Mr and Ms ALGORYTHM 2017.
- The GameWarp zone set the stage for a lot of excitement and thrill and saw player fighting the battle on big screens. But it was Harsimran from Khalsa College who won the FIFA’17 championship and Shekhar Bhardwaj won the Need for Speed Game match. Winners’ title for Counter-Strike Go was bagged by Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Rahul Parmar from Baddi University enthralled all with his dance moves and was declared as the winner in the single/duet category of dance.
Honorable Vice-Chancellor Brig. (Dr.) R.S. Grewal gave away prizes worth Rs five lakhs to the best performers of ALGORYTHM 2017.
The icing on the cake was Sharry Mann’s energetic performance that enthralled the audience and left everyone bedazzled. Ankita Tuteja, the Faculty convener of ALGORYTHM 2017, was appreciated for her efforts and for making the event a grand success.