Dr Varinder S Kanwar, Vice Chancellor, Chitkara University HP becomes Senior Member of IEEE
Dr. Varinder S Kanwar, Vice Chancellor, Chitkara University Himachal Pradesh, was elevated to the grade of a Senior Member of Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE), the highest professional grade of IEEE on December 2, 2020.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional association for electronic and electrical engineering and its corporate office is located in New York City, United States of America.
Only 10 percent of more than 400,000 members have achieved this level. The rank requires extensive experience and reflects professional accomplishment and maturity.
Individuals who by experience give evidence of competence in an IEEE designated field become the member of this reputed institution. The designated spheres are Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, Physical Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Mathematics, Technical Communications, Education, Management, and Law and Policy.
There are certain parameters(mentioned on their website) on the basis of which the nomination for application of elevating the grade are :
- The applicant needs to be an engineer, scientist, educator, technical executive, or originator in IEEE-designated fields;
- Professional maturity should be reflecting inexperience;
- At least 10 years of professional practise;
- Publication of papers, books, or inventions in one or more IEEE-designated fields
- Recognised contributions to the welfare of the professions encompassed by one or more of the IEEE-designated fields
- Development or furtherance of important courses in one or more of the IEEE-designated fields at an institution in the REP list
- Contributions equivalent to those of the above areas related to IEEE-designated fields, provided these contributions serve to advance progress substantially in IEEE-designated fields
- Have three references from other Senior Members or Fellows Members.
- Substantial responsibility or achievement in one or more IEEE-designated fields