2nd Annual IPR Workshop
Most successful start-ups and tech companies are thriving because of their patents and intellectual property (IP). The 2nd Annual Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Workshop on the theme ‘Make Your Innovative Ideas Patentable’ aims to give participants a better understanding of the Patent Process through hands-on exercises, will be held on February 19, 2019, at Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh.
Call For Participation:
With an emphasis on Innovation, a lot of New Technical Ideas are being generated by Students, Researchers and Faculty in Academic Institutions. It is important to protect these technical ideas by filing Patents.
Technical Program Overview:
- Basics – What is Patent and why to Patent; Assessment of Patentability of an idea
- Hands-on – Prior art search best practices and Patent literature search; Patent drafting practices with impact on the Patentability of the subject matter; Software Patents in India
- Patent process cycle from inventor’s point of view; Case studies and examples of Patented Inventions
Mr. Yogesh Khullar
Principal Associate (Patents)
Khurana & Khurana, Advocates and IP Attorneys
Prof. Man Singh
Dean (Chemical Sciences), Central University of Gujarat
Inventor of Patented & Commercialized Product
SURVISMETER – Patent No. US7987700B2
Who Should Attend?
- Today it is believed that basic knowledge of intellectual property is a must throughout the organisation that hopes to stay ahead of competitors
- The workshop will particularly benefit students, researchers and faculty who are doing innovative projects and research in their respective domains
- Budding entrepreneurs will also find this workshop very useful
There is no registration fee for participating in the workshop, but prior registration is mandatory.
Register before February 10, 2019
Registration Link https://goo.gl/forms/VeJeOoEf8kZsBYS63
This workshop is organised by IPR Cell, Chitkara University H.P. set up by the State Council for Science, Technology & Environment, and Himachal Pradesh. Also, it is being conducted in the backdrop of a five-day E-Summit event organised by Chitkara University. E-Summit aims to bring together the region’s startup ecosystems and subsystems, venture capitalists, new age entrepreneurs, the academic community, and the region’s success stories to a common and interactive platform. Visit www.cuceed.org/surge/ for more information.
Mr. Sagar Juneja – Asst. Dean, IPR Cell, Chitkara University, H.P.
Mob: 9896778042, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org