The Faculty of Engineering & Technology contributes to the university’s future through its own vision and mission.
To be a globally recognized organization promoting academic excellence through interdisciplinary applied research and to expand realms of knowledge through innovation.
- To carry out the academic process for achieving excellence through active teacher-student-industry participation
- To promote research, innovation and enterpreneurship in collaboration with industries and laboratories
- To inculcate high moral, ethical and professional standards amongst our students
- To contribute to build a skillful society
Chitkara University has defined certain values for those who are directly or indirectly involved in the working of the University.
The values identified and adopted by Chitkara University are as follows:
Care – For us, welfare of our students and employees is our top priority.
Supportive – We are supportive. We go an extra mile to support our stakeholders i.e. students, faculty member, parents, government and industry.
Academic Excellence and Learning – We value excellence in learning by adopting suitable pedagogy and ensuring that our faculty remains in touch with the latest in the field. We also ensure that our students are able to compete at global level.
- Quality – We hold a strong commitment to high standards in all aspects of our educational activities, learning outcomes and support services. We seek to continuously strengthen the overall effectiveness of our operations.
- Faith – We treasure our ethos and our charter.
- Integrity – We conduct our operations and make our public representations in an ethical manner. We practice honesty and objectivity in dealing with our stakeholders.
- Diversity – We embrace and promote diversity in our policies and practices to prepare our learners to live and work successfully in an increasingly diverse society. We strive to create a learning environment by welcoming teachers, learners and staff who bring diverse ideas, values and backgrounds and beliefs to the learning and work environment.
- Leadership – We seek to develop responsible leaders committed to a common goal.
- Freedom of Inquiry and Expression – We support the rights of our people to freely inquire and express their opinions and suggestions. We involve and encourage an open exchange of ideas and seek inputs from one and all who wish to participate in the learning process of teaching.
- Communication – We believe in open, honest, respectful and timely communication at all levels.
- Accountability – We are accountable to all the stakeholders and the general public for fulfilling our mission in an appropriate manner by openly assessing the operations.
- Innovation – We provide imaginative and effective solutions to our challenges and innovative ways to fulfill our mission.
- Collaboration – We seek and nurture partnerships with educational institutions in India & abroad, research establishments, industry and the communities, to have an effective learning environment.
- Access to Underprivileged – We aim to promote social mobility by creating opportunities for the underprivileged, to gain access to our educational system. Hence, we hold a strong commitment to the inalienable right to their pursuit of happiness.
- Time Management – We aim to train our people to manage time effectively so that the right time is allocated to the right activities and specific time slots to activities as per their importance.
- Social and Cultural Sensitivity – We value and respect diversity and hence, we are committed to function effectively in various cultures. Our aim is to make our workforce sensitive to cultural differences.